The Supercop is a brutally strong NPC in Streets of Rogue. Their appearance consists of them wearing a solid blue helmet and a blue riot vest.
NPC[edit | edit source]
They naturally spawn in Uptown, but in Downtown they will only spawn if an Alarm Button is triggered. When one is activated, a Supercop will spawn from the associated Police Box and, if spawned by a hostile Upper-Cruster, will begin searching for the player.
They are always loyal to the character that triggers the Alarm Button. If the player has the trait The Law, Supercops are Friendly and make valuable allies if you need them in a fight. Supercops are also loyal to Upper-Crusters or anyone who has the Upper-Crusty trait.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A unique thing about Supercops is that they have 2 weapons. If their first weapon (Usually a Projectile Weapon) runs out or breaks, they will switch to the second one, which is a Police Baton.
- The blue helmets that Supercops wear are simply accessories and are purely decorate rather than actual Headwear or items for protection.
Tips and Strategies[edit | edit source]
NPC[edit | edit source]
- Supercops are one of the toughest and deadliest enemies in the game, especially together in groups and with other Cops in downtown or Cop Bots in uptown. A lone supercop can be dealt with, but 4 or more can do more harm to the player with poor planning and can outright end your run. It's best to not anger them or make a Upper-Cruster Hostile towards you to summon one from a Police Box.
- Despite that, they're also a valuable ally, Hacking a Alarm Button can summon one that will follow you and can be commanded to attack other NPCs such as Supergoons, and in Uptown this can be used to stage battles against Supergoons in heavily guarded establishments such as private clubs or banks, nearby supercops will involuntarily assist in attacking them and defending their fellow supercops, killing them for you. Likewise the Walkie Talkie is also good at this for the Uptown stages.
- Supercops in earlier levels such as Industrial instead use less powerful weapons, such as Pistols and in the Slums they only have Police Batons equipped. They gain back weapons such as Machineguns, Shotguns and Revolvers once you reach the Park.
- Compared to regular cops, supercops will investigate any noise happening nearby, such as gunshots, explosions and even alarms from Security Cams or Laser Emitters. They will not hesitate to enter Hideouts or Banks to investigate the source of the noise.
- If you have the trait Random Reverence, if a hostile Upper-Cruster spawns a Supercop to kill you, there is a chance the Supercop will be aligned, in which case you can use him to help you kill the Upper-Cruster.
- If the player character is a Supercop, either by playing as one or by possession, they will be aligned with both Supercops and Cop Bots. The latter can prove to be very useful as aligned Cop Bots will not deport the player or confiscate items belonging to the player character.
- If the player is aligned with the Supercops guarding them, they can approach the mayor freely even without the Mayor Visitor's Badge.
Playable[edit | edit source]
- If you're a Cop and you reached Mayor Village after completing your Big Quest and turned into a Supercop, talking to the Bouncers at the checkpoint at mayor village will turn off the blue laser and will let you pass through for free.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You used to need to ask a Supercop for the promotion before you became a supercop after completing the Cop's Big Quest which was to make a number of arrests before reaching Uptown.
- In the early Chinese version of the game, all law enforcers were changed and renamed. Supercops were called Super No-Fun Enforcers and their armor and helmets were magenta instead of blue.
|Character Pack DLC Characters|
|Super Special Ability Characters|